Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

September 9th

I haven't had a chance to post for 8 days! That should tell you that I've been way too busy.

Tough weekend to be a Vegan! My husband and I were in a dear friends wedding on Saturday. Friday night's rehearsal dinner was STEAK and chicken on the grill, with cheesy baked potatoes, salad and rolls. I was STARVING, but persevered. I had salad, a roll and the bottom half of my potato.

Next the wedding day. I had a big lunch, but we were there from 1-8:30!! The reception was again geared toward meat eaters. I could only eat baked beans, grit cakes (?) and a small dollop of potato salad.

Sunday we had supper at a friends house, and I made some special food just for me. Boy, eating out is not so easy now.

My weight went up instead of down! I weighed in at 128 (most I've ever weighed!) which is not logical to me. I'm not eating a ton of food, in fact, I'm hungry quite a bit. Anyhow, I decided to bite the bullet and give up my glass of wine and Dr. Pepper. Within two days, my weight has gone down to 127.

I'm also trying to drink lots and lots of water (something I didn't do before). I went out to lunch yesterday and ate a salad, cup of black bean soup and unsweetened iced tea. Not bad.

My next challenge will be to try and eliminate butter... It's a process! Knowing that I'm doing this as "unto the Lord" has made all the difference for me. If I'm tempted, it's for a brief second, and then I know I'm resolved NOT to give in to the desires of my flesh. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment