Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Nutritional Yeast?

Well, it's been a difficult week. I've wavered, too. Where did my resolve go??? I think it is a byproduct of lack of meal planning. So, I would just sit there with nothing in particular to eat. I resorted to eating potato chips dipped in hummus, or vegan re-fried beans and salsa as a dip with corn chips. Not real nutritional and very fattening. Thus the lack of weight loss.... ENOUGH!

Today is a new day, and I will start with fresh resolve. I also started with some amazing worship outside with the Lord. He has inspired me to plan, plan, plan and cook, cook, cook.

Then it happened, I found the BEST website: www.vegweb.com

Every vegan needs to go to that website. It's free and there are HUNDREDS of recipe's to look at. They offer a "recipe box" tab, and a meal plan tab, as well as a grocery list option!! I'm so excited.

Also, my mother decided to join me on this journey and called me this morning with several great recipe's.

So, why the weird title? Because I am really missing my egg breakfast with my honey on Saturday mornings more than any other animal product so far. On my new found vegan website, I found a recipe called, breakfast scramble and it calls for "nutritional yeast" well what is that? It's similar to brewers yeast, and has all of the B vitamins we need!! It also tastes creamy like cheese, so mixed with tofu and a few other ingredients, I'm going to once again have breakfast with my honey on Saturday!!! Wooohoo.

It's the little things that make me happy. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the new blog -- and the new diet, Sonya! How neat that your mom is joining you on the journey. That's got to be a wonderful encourgament. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete